In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Referrals still exist!

Yeah! Finally a little movement with referrals. It probably won't affect us in the long run, because we just moved one number closer on the infant girl list, but I was just relieved to see a referral and to know that the world of adoption didn't close it's doors and forget to tell us. So, yeah and yeah for the family that just got the referral. I can't even imagine what that day will be like!!!!

So, I'm assuming that the family that has priority for the little CUTIE I talked about in my last post, will accept his referral. I guess they are getting more medical testing done. Supposedly, it will happen in a couple of weeks, so that probably means about a month in adoption language. I think I feel totally OK about it. Leah is 2 years old right now and I just LOVE the age, (minus the temper tantrums). I love hearing new words every single day, I love seeing her laugh at things that are actually funny, and I love seeing her learn to jump, stand on one foot and just do new things each day. I would kind of miss that stage, if we got a three year old. I'm sure an older child would be learning new things and just sucking up information daily, too. Anyway, I'm so happy to see the little guy find a home either way. I'm sure I'll be a little sad (selfishly) when I hear of his official acceptance, but that is OK.

Wow - while I was writing this ANOTHER REFERRAL rolled in and this time it was for a little boy, so now both the girl list and the boy list will move! How exiting to finally get to change some numbers!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on moving on up. Maybe the referrals will start moving now. Crossing my fingers - and toes!