In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas and All




I really do love Christmas! Even though it can be stressful and crazy, it sure is fun and it has become increasingly more fun with kids that kind of get it. Of course, they are still a little more into the presents, than in the amazing gift of the birth of Jesus, but hopefully, that will come. At least when you ask Spencer who's birthday it is, he doesn't say "Moses'" anymore, so we are on the right track.

Last weekend, we got to go to Pagosa for the beginning of a HUGE snow storm. We got to ski one day (in over a foot of powder), of which Spencer skied the 2nd half with us, and we got some serious sledding in, too. It was great to see most of the extended family on Dave's side and to do a little early celebrating. The last couple of days have been spent at home, with my parents, which has also been a ton of fun. I found my first two geocaches on our first annual Christmas hike.

In the world of adoption, not too much is happening. The process seems to really be slowing down, but I can't say that it is some big surprise. When I think of international adoption, the words fast, smooth, and easy are far from my lips. I think it is more the rule than the exception that international adoptions are slow, full of waiting, and full of ambiguity. I keep wondering if we'll have another one running around the Christmas tree next year. Dave thinks, yes, and I think, no, which is weird, because typically I am the optimist. Either way, we'll at least be closer by next year.

No comments: