In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Much Different Kind of Baby!



Today I got an amazing gift! It's not quite as great as a baby, but I will be babying it! My parents, to whom I am ever grateful to (and for) were willing to part with their Conservatory Yamaha grand piano and send it my way. It is the piano that I grew up playing. It's weird how when I was growing up, practicing for an hour or two seemed like an eternity, while I would give anything to capture and hour of two of practicing now! I'll admit, today, my kids were a touch neglected, while I tried to acclimate my new ivories. Compared to what I had, it is like going from a Chevette to a Rolls Royce. It is so exciting. Dave spent about an hour working on "I Love Coffee, I Love Tea" and trying to play his right and left hand together on the black keys. He's already complaining of sore hands. Even Spencer was inspired to play his only song - Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater. I wonder if our kids will play and if I'll be their teacher?

On the adoption front - no change. I think there is an overall slow down in Ethiopia, so we're just hangin'. Just hoping that eventually God will bring about the right child at the right time. I'm sure he will. We haven't heard anything about the little boy that we inquired about that is 3, except that the other family is still waiting to get test results back. We are still pretty sure the other family will be moving forward with the adoption. The cool thing about even thinking about getting a child off of the waiting child list is that we actually can consider it at this point, because of the anonymous giver. I still wonder who they were and if they know the kind of impact they have had in our process mentally, spiritually and ,of course, financially. Maybe it will even mean that we get two kids. Hold on - I'm getting a little carried away here! On that note, goodnight all.

No comments: