In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Livin' it up!

We are getting closer, folks. We moved two spots for a girl and one spot for a boy today, bringing us to 17 spots away from our child!!!!! It actually feels like it is getting closer, which leaves me with mixed thoughts. Just like every child is different, every adoptive family is different. I can tell this, because I spy on quite a few adoptive families via their blogs. I have come across a few blogs, where people are in the same spot that we are . . . . . . . . waiting . . . . . . waiting to get matched. I've seen the word "aching" a few times in reference to this period of time. That is not where I am. Well, I take that back. I am aching, but I think it's still just left over ache from just having TWO kids. While I am super excited about meeting and knowing and growing to love our third (3 kids still seems like a lot to me) child, there are times when I also think, I've gotta live it up now. What if we're the family on the block, so to speak, that ends up with the nightmare adoption story. Yikes. What if our lives just never resume any sort of normal after all this? Ugh. So, that is why right now, I'm in the midst of making sure I live it up, which is actually a fun way to live. Now, if we weren't paying for an adoption, living it up would take on a new meaning, but I am making sure to treasure moments with our family now, instead of wishing time would pass faster in order to meet our new baby. For, example, we got to go on the marriage retreat with our church this past weekend, while the kids stayed with Grandma and Papa. What an incredible weekend, complete with renewal, great conversation and roller skating. I literally treasured it all, knowing that maybe next year we wouldn't be able to go. Well, I would go deep, but I've gotta go teach a little piano now.

No comments: