In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Friday, April 22, 2011

I thought I would just return to my adoption blog this afternoon, in order to remind myself that we are still in the process of adopting. It has felt like a VERY long time since the last referral has been handed out. It has now been over a month, but it feels like way longer than that. In my last post I think I talked about how many times a day I was checking for updates. Now, I almost dread checking, because I'm pretty sure that the update page will look the same as it did yesterday and the day before, etc. . . , so being on my button pressing diet has actually not been as hard as I thought. Most days I can still rest in the trust that I know God has a plan and he already knows when our child will come home to us. I also know that even if our child stays in the orphanage much longer than we would ever ever want, it is not like we would change our mind and decide we didn't him or her, because they were there longer than we would like. There are just no guarantees with any child. They may do great after being in an orphanage for two years, while others are there for a brief time and have great difficulties. You just never know??? All I know is that God loves our child right now as he/she is AND He will be walking with us on this journey through all the ups and downs, constantly giving us just what we need, when we need it most. And right now, what I think I need the most is for the referral list to move - just kidding. Although, that would be nice:)

No comments: