In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Who says boys are faster than girls?

The infant girl list is the one that I thought would go the slowest, but as it turns out, it's moving right along. There were two referrals for girls today! Since we got on the wait lists 5 months ago, we have moved SEVENTEEN spots for a baby girl and only TEN spots for a boy. Now, math was never my strong suit, but according to my rough estimates, if the current rates continue, then in 12 months the boy and girl list will be at the same place. I have been diligent about keeping boy clothes and toys, but I keep getting rid of all the girl stuff. I better change my thinking. It is kind of exciting to not totally know if we will get a boy or a girl. At the same time, I wish the boy list would move, because we are so much closer in numbers for the boy list.

Overall, I'm just excited to finally get to post something on my blog again. However, after my friend raved about her friend's blog, Every Bitter Thing is Sweet, (she IS an amazing writer, BTW), I've decided that I've gotta step my writing game up a notch. I've got to stop talking about Vikings and my eating habits and start writing with a little more elegance and poetry. Maybe I'll start that tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kelley said...

I saw the referrals flying today, that's so awesome!

Alissa said...

well i think you got your wish, better update your number on that baby boy list, it is moving fast neighbor!!!! enjoy!!!