In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Who in the World?

I am writing in pencil. I don't know what this adoption will look like, but I have been surprised by many moments already in this journey. Just when you think you know something and you proclaim it to be true, something changes. That is one reason I was hesitant to start this blog, but now that I'm making the disclaimer that I'm writing in pencil, I know, that you know, that whatever I say, can be erased and rewritten. For instance, I didn't want to tell everyone that we were adopting until our homestudy was approved. What if we didn't pass? How embarrassing? But here is the deal. It's not my deal - it is God's and we said that from the beginning. After this week we are even more sure that God is continuing to walk with us in our adoption.

It happened to us. Me and Dave! I've heard of it happening before, but I didn't expect it to happen to us. Our referral fee was paid for by a grant that we never applied for. A mistake perhaps or more likely, an anonymous giver??? All I know is that somehow it is from the hand of God and He has used someone very special to weave a miracle into the life of our family and the life of a little baby in Ethiopia, somewhere. Money was one of our biggest roadblocks to starting this adventure, but someone (I'm sure it was my mom) said that we would never know how powerful God is until we give him the opportunity to show us. And he is showing us in a mighty way through so many generous people. Thank you God and thank you friends. WOW!

Well, at the risk of making this post too long, I'll end my first post, but just know that I have a lot of catching up to do.

No comments: