In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:9

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Give Me an E . . .


Give me a M, give me a B, give me an A, give me 2 S's and a Y. What does that spell? EMBASSY! We were submitted to embassy today, which feels like a big deal to me. So, now that embassy has it in their hot little hands, they can decide to take our case in a couple different directions. We should know in a couple weeks what path our case will take. The most desirable option would be for them to say, "come on over and bring your little one home." The next, and most likely option would be that embassy would choose to interview Meraf's birth mom, which would likely add an extra 3 to 5 weeks. The third and least desirable option would be that our case would have some sort of unknown extenuating circumstances that would stall out the process for awhile. Obviously, we are rooting for the first option. This all really might happen, people!

In the meantime, I am trying to prepare our kids for Meraf's arrival. Spencer seems down with it all, but Leah keeps saying, "I want Magusu." However, the other day she did say that she would pass her old shoes to Meraf (she's so thoughtful, huh?) and she also said that she wanted Meraf to have a "pink on pink" bedspread. I feel like that is progress, right?

Speaking of bedspreads, my sister-in-law really outdid herself on this one. In the mail today, arrived the most incredible quilts for Leah's and Meraf's beds, in addition to a little mini quilty blanket to take with me to pick her up. I seriously felt like someone on the Ellen show that just won a new car. I love them THAT much. They have the same fabrics, but they are both a little different. And then the topper, is that she told me the she and another lady prayed over the quilts and for the girls as they made them. Don't think I didn't have a little tear in my eye when she told me that. It is all starting to feel so real now and I'm ready!





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, so exciting! I love those quilts, by the way. What girl woudldn't? They were sewn with love.
Praying for option #1!
Becky Armstrong

Sarah said...

Holly- Lovely quilts-WOW! We're praying for your family.-Sarah & Ron Lang

Alissa said...

im so excited for you, praying for option #1!!!!! hugs, Alissa

Jodi said...

Congratulations on being submitted to Embassy!!!! One step closer!!! And ohhh my - those quilts - BEAUTIFUL!!!!